Update: Fall 2018
The next cycle of In Connection will run for EIGHT weeks on Wednesday evenings beginning in January of 2019.
We will have monthly group meetings between cycles of group. If you are interested in the group, please contact me. I would be glad to speak with you!
These meetings will be held in Andersonville (Chicago) at a location accessible by public transportation. The groups are $50 per session. A 30-45 min intake is required $75.
I am pleased to offer this supportive therapy group focused on the unique experiences of cisgender spouses or partners of trans and gender nonconforming people. Whether you are newly adjusting to information about your partner or if you have been in a relationship long term with a trans or GNC person, topics for discussion may include:
- Adjusting to changes in your relationship.
- Does my partner’s transition affect my identity?
- Sex and intimacy.
- How do I take care of myself as I manage my own feelings?
- Are there other people out there like me?
- Coming out…at work, with friends, with family, with strangers?
- Surgery(ies): preparations, caregiving, reaching out for help.
- Effects of other medical interventions including hormones on your relationship.
- Finding affirming medical & mental health providers (for yourself as well as for your partner).
Group runs in eight-week cycles and is held in Andersonville (Chicago) at a location accessible by public transportation. The group is $50 per session. An intake is required, to decide together if the group is the right fit for you. The fee is $75 for 30-45 minute intake.
Please message me or call me (773) 688-4499 if you are interested in participating, have questions, or if you are a therapist who has clients who may be interested.