Update: Summer 2018
There will be two 1.5 hour group meetings for returning group members
AND for new folks who are interested.
These will be held Thursday, July 26th and Wednesday, August 29th
These meetings will be held in Andersonville (Chicago) at a location accessible by public transportation. The groups are $50 per session. A 30-45 min intake is required $75.
The next cycle of In Connection will run for EIGHT weeks beginning in September. If you are interested in the monthly meetings and/or the eight week group, please contact me. I would be glad to speak with you!
I am pleased to offer this supportive therapy group focused on the unique experiences of cisgender spouses or partners of trans and gender nonconforming people. Topics for discussion may include:
- Does my identity change because my partner’s has?
- Sex and intimacy.
- How do I support my partner and take care of myself too?
- Are there other people out there like me?
- Coming out…at work, with friends, with family, with strangers?
- Surgery(ies): preparations, caregiving, reaching out for help.
- Other medical interventions including hormones.
- Finding affirming medical & mental health providers (for yourself as well as for your partner).
Group runs in eight-week cycles and is held in Andersonville (Chicago) at a location accessible by public transportation and is $50 per session. Intake is required $75 for 30-45 minute intake.
Please message me or call me (773) 852-3642 if you are interested in participating or if you have clients who may be interested.
Link to printable flyer: In Connection